Salties Beach Bar and Grill by Grenada Launches its First Indoor Beach Bar Showcasing Sustainability, Accessibility, and the World’s Best Culture of Caribbean Entertainment
Inside the Grenada country pavilion extension, Salties Beach Bar and Grill opens its “lift doors” for the very first time exclusively to Expo 2020 visitors and staff from the first of October 2021.
The indoor Beach Bar & Grill is located on the first floor at the Opportunity District – Caribbean Lounge OS06, in front of Visitor Centre 1 and will be open from 11 am to 2 am on Thursday and Friday and until midnight the rest of the week.
Salties is a Caribbean beach bar, made in Dubai by a new generation of Dubai expats with an international flair, featuring a fresh juice bar and DJ playing music all day long for that notorious Grenada island vibe.
The refreshment prices are affordable with appetizers starting from 25 AED +++ and drinks from 16 AED +++. Everyone in Dubai, whether visiting or working at Expo, can appreciate the event and at the same time be able to enjoy a meal without spending too much.
It is the perfect place for the staff who are living on-site as it provides them with a relaxed ambience where they can listen to music and socialize with their friends and collegues without needing to go into town.
Co-Owner Pietro said, “We are inspired by Dubai’s multicultural Caribbean cuisine, Arab, Greek, Italian, Oriental, and Mexican where you get many appetizers to share collectively at the table. Our portions are enough to taste and appreciate the food, but also enough to try different dishes.”
Pietro built together with a few friends and collaborators a place with sand, sunshine, and shisha. Two terraces with private booths overlook the world within Expo – there’s no better place to relax and call home. Inside is a huge sandbox boasting colourful tables and chairs, sustainably sourced and given a fresh new look and even new names.
Starting from the idea that Dubai is on the beach, a symbol of freedom, guests can take their shoes off and feel the sand through their toes. The Salties team sourced beautiful furniture which had been abandoned by other people in the past with its own history, modified and transformed them through colours, writings, and repairs and given them a new life naming every piece of furniture with famous places and beaches of Grenada, like Saint George and Castle Hill.
There are little islands within the restaurant that brings pieces of the world together, just like the country of Grenada, famously known as “The Spice Isle”, consisting of the main island of Grenada and 8 satellite islands.
As music is the joy of life that brings people together, every day from 10 am, Salties will be featuring live DJ sets and musical performances playing all kinds of music – from Reggaeton to Latin to Pop. Salties will have different evenings paying a special tribute to every country on their National Day celebrations after 9 pm, so that they can feel at home at Salties and citizens of that country can enjoy special discounts off the total bill.
Salties aims to be the Dubai home away from home for people coming over for the 6-month duration of Expo 2020 whilst at the same time shining the spotlight on sustainability.
- Fresh juice bar boasting 20+ fruit options for unique juice mixes some of them known by few like Lulo , and Curuba coming from our friend partner Cooyuba ,and cocktail options. Alecchino homemade gelato freshly made every day from an Italian master ‘gelatiere’ made with a specialized machine by fabbri from Emilia-Romagna, Italy – manufacturers of the best gelato machines in the world. Different flavours of the day featuring both sweet and savoury creations by Fabbri a leader in the gelato worldwide ”.
- One of the best coffees available in Dubai made by Attibassi winner of many quality coffee competition specially for Salties with the latest model of the best coffee machine “La Spaziale“
- Internationally famous Shisha for guests by Narghita paying a tribute to the local culture past time which includes tranquillity and sociality.”
- Message in a Bottle: guests who purchase wine bottles will be given the opportunity to write a message of positivity and humanity from Dubai Expo for the next generation to read.
- Ladies’ night is every Monday where women get 1 drink free
- Salties is directly opposite the Visitor Center 1.
#GlobalTrendMonitor #Salties #Restaurant #Seafood #Expo2020 #Caribbean #magazineUAE #magazine #mediaUAE #UAEbusiness #myDubai